Kevin

Default Reading Layout

I know I can disable Reading Layout (in Word) when I open an attachment from
Outlook in Word. Here's my problem - when I restart my computer Word defaults
back to the Reading Layout view for Outlook attachments. This is driving me
crazy. I can't stand the Reading Layout view. How do I permanently disable
Reading Layout view so it won't default back when the computer is restarted?

Kevin

Yes, I did follow those steps. While the computer is on, and after I've
un-checked the "Allow starting in Reading Layout," then it works fine.
However, once the computer is restarted, Word defaults back to the box being
checked.

"Kevin" wrote in message
I know I can disable Reading Layout (in Word) when I open an attachment

from
Outlook in Word. Here's my problem - when I restart my computer Word

defaults
back to the Reading Layout view for Outlook attachments. This is driving

me
crazy. I can't stand the Reading Layout view. How do I permanently disable
Reading Layout view so it won't default back when the computer is

restarted?

It sounds as if your settings are not being saved or are being reversed.
There are (at least) two possible causes for this: (1) a damaged Word Data
key (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissngMenusEtc.htm for
instructions on fixing this) and (2) interference from an add-in. I found
that the latter was the reason one of the settings I "corrected" every time
I started Word kept getting undone.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To clarify, you've changed the option setting on the General tab of

Tools |
Options ("Allow starting in Reading Layout")?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.