Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
QuadSquad QuadSquad is offline

Default Default to Single Label

When I print a label from Word most of the time it is a single label. Is
there a way to set the default to Single Label and then just select the row
and column each time rather than the default being Full Page of the Same
Label?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Leave the address box blank and click the New Document button. Save
the resulting document as a template, giving it a name that identifies
the label stock.

When you want a new label, use the File New dialog and choose that
template. Make sure the nonprinting table gridlines are turned on
(Table Show Gridlines), and type the address into whatever label you
want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:54:00 -0800, QuadSquad
wrote:

When I print a label from Word most of the time it is a single label. Is
there a way to set the default to Single Label and then just select the row
and column each time rather than the default being Full Page of the Same
Label?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While Jay's method may be the most sensible way of handling this, it is
possible to default the envelope/label tool to opening in label mode with
single label selected. Though I guarantee that you will find that equally
irriatting longer term. If you wish to proceed, then add the following macro
to normal.dot

Sub ToolsEnvelopesAndLabels()
SendKeys "%{L}%{N}%{A}"
Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show
End Sub

or you could rename the macro to (say) SingleLabel) and add a second button
button to your toolbar to call the macro.

default label size Carol Page Layout 4 May 18th 06 06:43 PM
How can I chose a default address label & envelope in Word 2003 Geo Microsoft Word Help 2 May 12th 06 10:31 AM
How set single space default in Word 2003? Bill Page Layout 3 April 20th 06 02:54 PM
Need to print a single label starting at row 1 column 2 CYCLIST Microsoft Word Help 5 April 16th 06 10:14 PM
How do I print a single Avery label 5164 on a sheet in Word XP kiam50 Microsoft Word Help 2 November 24th 04 03:43 PM