Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan[_3_] Susan[_3_] is offline

Default Highlighting items in MS Word 2007 and keeping highlighting?

I like to copy logs into MS Word to and highlight keywords and I use
different colors. Then I like to manually delete the items that are not
highlighted which is relatively easy. I could easily do this with MS-Word
2003 but now in MS Word 2007 when I start to delete items without
highlighing, I lose all the highlighting in the document. What can I do to
avoid this?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Hi,

Here is how I would do this:

1. Open your document and press Ctrl+F.
2. Press the "More" button in the Find dialog.
2. Select "Highlighting" from the "Format" drop-down menu (bottom of
dialog).
3. Pull down the "Find in" menu, and select "Whole document". All the
highlighted words will be selected automatically.
4. Close the Find dialog.
5. Press Ctrl+C to send the highlighted items to the Windows clipboard.
6. Create a blank new document and press Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard
contents.

Here is an alternative method if you want to keep the highlighted items in
the original document:

1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above.
2. Press Ctrl+X to cut the highlighted items to the Windows clipboard.
3. Press Ctrl+A, then the Del key to remove all non-highlighted items from
your document.
4. Press Crtl+V to bring the cut items back into your document.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Robert