Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LarryMac LarryMac is offline

Default Word 2007 docx opens then instantly disappears

When I have clicked on a docx to open it, Word opens, the document briefly
appears for about 1/2 second, and then the document disappears with only a
blue panel left behind. This has also happened to downloaded documents. It
doesn't happen all the time.

I've repaired the apps, but it still goes on.

Please advise me on a resolution to this.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Larry,

Can you elaborate on the steps for 'downloading' (i.e. from where, to where and then how opened in Word)?

Is Word actually closing, or just closing the document? If closing the app, when it happens, if you use Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up
the task manager is there still a copy of Winword.exe process still running?

=============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LarryMac LarryMac is offline

Word stays open. The document opens in a "flash" and then goes away. What
is replaced is the background Word app with no document showing. The
View/(other docs) is not selectable, because there are no other docs open.

It only happened once when I clicked on an online word document in a Google
search. The doc downloaded and flashed open, then disappeared.

Word stays open, but with no document visible. winword.exe is running.