Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Cannot Send Email Directly from Word

Hi:

I'm trying to send email directly from Word but getting a message Word
couldn't send mail because of a MAPI failu"unspecified error". I'm using
Microsoft Exchange as my email base. It work's when I open outlook and attach
the file, but opening a word document and sending the file as email wouldn't
work. Help Please.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word? Is Outlook the same version? This is probably a
work computer since you are connecting to an Exchange server, so did you
talk to your company's computer support staff?

Bryan wrote:

Hi:

I'm trying to send email directly from Word but getting a message Word
couldn't send mail because of a MAPI failu"unspecified error". I'm using
Microsoft Exchange as my email base. It work's when I open outlook and attach
the file, but opening a word document and sending the file as email wouldn't
work. Help Please.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nat Nat is offline

I am having a similar issue at my job. We are testing Office 07 in a Vista
environment. When a user creates a document and sends via e-mail (without
saving) they sometimes get teh same error message. If the document has been
saved previously, the message is not as likely. It does not seem to matter
if Outlook is open or not. Sometimes it works, but just takes forever. Any
suggestions for what I can check?

Thanks in advance,