Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miranda Miranda is offline

Default Linking an Excel Chart in MS Word

I am working on a project for school, where I am required to link an Excel
chart into an MS Word document. When I go to Paste Special and tell it to
paste the chart, only part of the chart is pasted--the rest is clipped off.
I've messed with all the settings I can think of, and cannot seem to
troubleshoot this problem. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks, Miranda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Miranda,

If you double-click on the char in Word, it should open up in an Excel Window for editing. You should now be able to grab the RHS
object marker and drag it to the right to increase the number of columns displayed.

Note that you can only display whole columns, so you might need to resize/reposition the chart in Excel to get it to line up
correctly.

If you get to a point where Word won't let you add any more columns - or the chart no longer fits on the page when its refreshed,
you might need to reduce its size in Excel.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]