Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default How do I use "print to file" to print the file later?

Nope. A .prn file primarily used for creating PDF or TIF files - not really
for creating a file that can be printed later. After all, the original file
can be printed at any time.

Can you tell us more about why you want to use the Print to File so you can
print it later?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"IndyLarry" wrote in message
I finally got a hit on a web search about how to use the ".prn" files that
are created when you use the "print to file" button. The procedure
describes
using the DOS copy to LPT1 function. Is there a Windows function that we
can
do instead?

"IndyLarry" wrote:

i can't locate the procedure for printing a file that has been saved by
using
the "print to file" button in MS/Office programs.