Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cameron Cameron is offline

Default forcing duplex printing

hi,

i am tryhing to find a way to ensure that the users of a particular document
print the document double sided (so they don't forget the 2nd page).

is there a way within word that i am able to specify this?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Only if you know that the user has a duplex printer. Otherwise the document
will print two pages.

If your printer accepts PCL commands, you may be able to use a PRINT field.
A PRINT field is simply a type of field that allows you to send instructions
directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }

cameron wrote:
hi,

i am tryhing to find a way to ensure that the users of a particular
document print the document double sided (so they don't forget the
2nd page).

is there a way within word that i am able to specify this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cameron Cameron is offline

hi,

firstly, thankyou for the tip, i appreciate the time you have taken to
respond to my query. Secondly, how do I implement the print field?

all users print to the same printer, so there is no real issue in that regard.

"cameron" wrote:

hi,

i am tryhing to find a way to ensure that the users of a particular document
print the document double sided (so they don't forget the 2nd page).

is there a way within word that i am able to specify this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

On the relevant page(s), press Ctrl+F9 to provide the brackets and type the
rest between the brackets

"cameron" wrote:

hi,

i am tryhing to find a way to ensure that the users of a particular
document print the document double sided (so they don't forget the
2nd page).

is there a way within word that i am able to specify this?

thanks

Duplex Printing TK@EDA Microsoft Word Help 1 May 29th 08 10:13 AM
Forcing spell check before printing documents Ansie Microsoft Word Help 1 March 25th 08 12:53 PM
duplex printing Bryan Page Layout 6 February 17th 06 12:14 PM
Printing bookfold documents, manual duplex, only pg 7 is printing jjjones Microsoft Word Help 0 October 27th 05 12:58 AM
Duplex Printing Stalky Microsoft Word Help 2 February 5th 05 11:23 AM