Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Huber57 Huber57 is offline

Default Insert image based on filename

Hello all:

I have searched high and low for an answer and I am stumped.

I have a table with two columns. In column A, I have the filename of an
image that I would like to insert into column B. There are over 1,000. Is
there any way to write a macro to insert all of them into Column B based on
the information in Column A? I found this macro for excel but I don't know
if it could be used as a starting point for Word.

Sub ABCD()
Dim pic As Picture
Dim sPath As String, sName As String
Range("B2").Select
sPath = "C:\Graphics\"
sName = Range("A2").Value
If LCase(Right(sName, 4)) ".png" Then
sName = sName & ".png"
End If
If Dir(sPath & sName) "" Then
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(sPath & sName)
With Range("B2")
pic.Top = .Top
pic.Left = .Left
End With