Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default MS Word Prints Blank Pages

I have a very bizarre situation. I work from home and my boss works from his
home in another part of the state. The majority of MS Word documents he
emails to me look perfectly fine on the screen, but when I try to print on my
Brother HL1440 Laser they are totally blank pages.

I've tried clearing the formatting, and copying the data to a fresh
document. Still blank. It prints the correct number of pages, but they are
totally blank.

No other documents, such as those I create from scratch, or wepages, or
printing from any other program is an issue.

If my boss emails me MS Excel files, they print fine.

Question: How can I identify any embedded controls that he may have
inadvertently set as default on his MS Word so that I can turn it off or
better yet tell him to turn it off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Any chance the text has dotted underlines?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robert" Robert @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

The text does not have underlines, and I would be happy to email you an
example of a one-page document.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Go to Tools/Options/Print and make sure Print Data Only for Forms is not
selected

If that isn't it, do the pages happen to have a background color? If so,
then is the font white?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Good thought but if the text was formatted as hidden, only a single blank
page would print.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I've never used more than a few lines of hidden text in any single document
so I wasn't sure. It was worth asking.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher