Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross Payne

Default SP2 Issues?

I use Office 2003 SP1, and am considering installing SP2 via Windows Update.
Does anyone know of problems with SP2 such that it might be better to hold
off installing it? Word crashed the other day and Microsoft's Online Crash
Analysis page suggested SP2. Thanks,

Ross Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

I also use Office 2003. Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't hesitate
to upgrade to SP2 if I were in your place. SP2 offers significant
security enhancements. Upgraded to SP2 a few months back and
have experienced zero problems. If you encounter problems, you
can always remove SP2 by the Add/Remove control panel. Don't
think you'll find that action necessary.

"Ross Payne" wrote in message ...
I use Office 2003 SP1, and am considering installing SP2 via Windows Update. Does anyone know of problems
with SP2 such that it might be better to hold off installing it? Word crashed the other day and Microsoft's
Online Crash Analysis page suggested SP2. Thanks,

Ross Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Suzanne's correct.

If you use Microsoft Update, you should have zero problems
downloading and installing SP2. In the event you can't find the
Microsoft Update facility on your PC, here's the MS Update link:

http://update.microsoft.com/microsof....aspx?ln=en-us

If you don't have the latest Microsoft updater software, Microsoft
will ask you if you'd like it to download/install the latest updater for
you. In this case, choose "Yes." Let the updater download and install
SP2. It will be a smooth operation.

Good luck! You'll like SP2.