Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael D Michael D is offline

Default Add fields that auto-update

I have a form letter that I use often and there are 10 parts (name, age,
gender, etc) that need to update for each letter. Is there a way to add a
field that will A) be highlighted so I can see exactly which things need
upated, and B) as I type a name in the first space it automatically fills in
additional fields with the same info?

Example: John Smith has worked for me for 12 months. John has done a good
job. He is a hard worker and he laughs at my jokes.

In the above I need to change the name (John Smith, John), number of months
(12) and gender (He,he).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Michael D wrote:
I have a form letter that I use often and there are 10 parts (name,
age, gender, etc) that need to update for each letter. Is there a
way to add a field that will A) be highlighted so I can see exactly
which things need upated, and B) as I type a name in the first space
it automatically fills in additional fields with the same info?

Example: John Smith has worked for me for 12 months. John has done a
good job. He is a hard worker and he laughs at my jokes.

In the above I need to change the name (John Smith, John), number of
months (12) and gender (He,he).

Read these articles:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

For part B see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for ideas that
may help you.
Not sure about part A, I shall do some playing but hopefuly someone more
experienced with forms will jump in here.
Best of luck
DeanH