Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sandy sandy is offline

Default Create an Abbreviation to insert an address

I am trying to create an abbreviation that will insert an address for me,
have been told tht this can be done, but i have never done it and am looking
for some guidance on how it is done.

Many Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Depending on the version of Word you are using, see the helpful articles below.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm (for 2003 and prior)
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_B...&_AutoText.htm.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Sandy" wrote:

I am trying to create an abbreviation that will insert an address for me,
have been told tht this can be done, but i have never done it and am looking
for some guidance on how it is done.

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspect that a formatted autocorrect entry would work best - particularly
with Word 2007.
Enter the address as you require it, then select it. From the autocorrect
dialog (Tools Autocorrect Options in Word 2003. Word Options Proofing
Autocorrect Options in 2007) put a suitable shortcut eg #add in the left box
and check the formatted text dialog box.
type #add (or your preferred alternative) to enter the address.