Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
charliec

Default Location of user templates

Hi. I'm using Word 2003 and created some user templates. When I click on
Tools Options and then File Locations, I highlight "User templates" and
click Modify, but I don't see my templates there. Also, when I click the
arrow at the end of the Folder Name box there isn't anything there. What am I
doing wrong? Why can't I see the names of my templates there? I know they are
okay because I can open new documents based upon them. Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The File Locations tab permits you to modify the path to your templates, not
to open them. It's used to ascertain what the path is. Then you go to
Windows Explorer (or navigate to the folder in Word's File Open dialog) to
access the folder directly.

"charliec" u20179@uwe wrote in message news:5de513c41996d@uwe...
Hi. I'm using Word 2003 and created some user templates. When I click on
Tools Options and then File Locations, I highlight "User templates" and
click Modify, but I don't see my templates there. Also, when I click the
arrow at the end of the Folder Name box there isn't anything there. What

am I
doing wrong? Why can't I see the names of my templates there? I know they

are
okay because I can open new documents based upon them. Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
charliec

Ain't that the truth! LOL!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Word makes us all stupid sometimes. g

Oops! (Red-face!) My brain was slipping a cog here. Thanks for helping me out,
Suzanne!

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]