Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BARRY BARRY is offline

Default Adding "Split Table" to a toolbar

Greetings:

I am dividing very long tables into a large number of smaller ones. I need
to do this in several documents and I am using the "Split Table" command on
the "Table" menu to do it. Since I have to do this scores of times in each
document, it would be much more convenient if I could click once on a toolbar
button then twice on a pull-down menu. But I cannot find any way to put this
command on a toolbar. Specifically, one is supposed to select this sequence:
"Tools" menu, "Customize" option, "Commands" tab, "Table" Catagory, "Split
Table" command, then drag the "Split Table" command to the toolbar. But, no
"Split Table" Command exists! Even when I create a custom icon in "Rearrange
Commands", the option doesn't appear. Very frustrating.

How does one go about putting this particular command on a toolbar. Thanks
in advance for any help.

-
Barry Carroll

(Cleverly disguised as a trained SW engineer.)
---------
Datalogic Scanning, Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any
statements made by me. I'm on my own here.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Barry,

look for
Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands, TableSplit.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BARRY BARRY is offline

Thank you, Helmut. That is exactly what I was looking for. (I thought it
might be something simple like that).

Best regards.

--
Barry Carroll

(Cleverly disguised as a trained SW engineer.)
---------
Datalogic Scanning, Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any
statements made by me. I''m entirely on my own here.

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Barry,

look for
Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands, TableSplit.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BARRY BARRY is offline

Suzanne:

But there is no "Split Table" on my shortcut menu. How do I put one there?

--

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Barry,

look for
Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands, TableSplit.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There are many shortcut menus; there are quite a few just for tables. But if
I just click in a cell, it is on the shortcut menu (it's not if I select a
row, however). It seems to be only on the Table Cell and Table Text shortcut
menus.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW, I usually find it easier to right-click and use Split Table on the
shortcut menu.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Barry,

look for
Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands, TableSplit.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BARRY BARRY is offline

Suzanne:

None of the table-related shortcut menus on my installation of Word included
the "Split Table" command. However, I figured out how to add the command
using the "Tools/Customize" function. So now I can split a table from the
"Tables", "Whole Tables", "Table Text" and "Table Cell" shortcut menus. I
also have the command bound to the keyboard shortcut "Alt-S", so that whether
I'm using the mouse or the keyboard, I have a convenient way to use this
command.

Thanks for your suggestion, Suzanne, and to everyone else who helped.

--

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Barry,

look for
Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands, TableSplit.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It's possible I added the command to my shortcut menus, or it may be that
this is just a difference between versions. I know I did add some table
commands (notable the Vertical Alignment one) to some of those shortcut
menus, as it seemed I always had the wrong thing selected to get what I
wanted on the menu.