Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Viviank Viviank is offline

Default unupdate a excel link

I cut and pasted a table into my word document and told it to up update the
link upon opening, but now I've realized that I don't want it to. How do I
tell it to stop updating?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Two ways, depending on what you actually want to do, which you don't say...

If you want to convert the pasted table to a non-editable picture, then
select the pasted table and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.

If you want to retain the pasted table's link to the original source but
make the link update only when you tell it to, and assuming you have
Word 2003 or earlier, then click on Edit | Links | select the link |
click the "Manual update" radio button | OK.

Excel Link Karin Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 07 07:06 PM
Link to excel formatting Ryan Microsoft Word Help 1 November 3rd 06 12:28 PM
will "field link" link a table in Word to an Excel table? rock crushing engineer Tables 1 June 12th 06 11:13 PM
Link to cells in Excel? Judy Ward Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 05 09:50 PM
Excel Link: Adding rows in Excel does not add cells in Word Jameslp Tables 2 December 9th 04 07:18 PM