Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dsg800 dsg800 is offline

Default Word 2007 mailmerge to outlook contacts

In Word 2007 I select the mailings tab. Than go to Select Recipients |
Select from Outlook Contacts I than get the error "Unable to obtain list of
tables from the data source." I am using Outlook 2007, Windows XP SP3,
Exchange 2007. I have checked my IE settings so Outlook is my default mail
client, I have also checked in Outlook contacts so the show in my address
book. Please help thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try a different approach:

Start in Outlook:
- select the contacts folder or contacts you want to use
- click Outlook Tools-Mail Merge, have a good look at the Dialog Options,
and take it from there.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"dsg800" wrote in message
In Word 2007 I select the mailings tab. Than go to Select Recipients |
Select from Outlook Contacts I than get the error "Unable to obtain list
of
tables from the data source." I am using Outlook 2007, Windows XP SP3,
Exchange 2007. I have checked my IE settings so Outlook is my default
mail
client, I have also checked in Outlook contacts so the show in my address
book. Please help thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dsg800 dsg800 is offline

Yes thank you for the help. That worked well. Any Idea why it will not work
using word? Just curios. A

"dsg800" wrote in message
In Word 2007 I select the mailings tab. Than go to Select Recipients |
Select from Outlook Contacts I than get the error "Unable to obtain list
of
tables from the data source." I am using Outlook 2007, Windows XP SP3,
Exchange 2007. I have checked my IE settings so Outlook is my default
mail
client, I have also checked in Outlook contacts so the show in my address
book. Please help thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Any Idea why it will not work using word?

I do not know for sure, but when you start from Word, as far as I know, Word
tries to get the data using
- the "Access/Jet OLE DB provider" which uses
- an "Outlook/Exchange" Installable ISAM which
- tries to get the data from Outlook

In addition, Windows may impose some security restrictions on the folders
and files these things try to use to get the data to you.

So there are plenty of barriers to get through, and only one needs to work
to stop you doing what you want.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk