Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJ KJ is offline

Default caption dialog box

I have Word 2007. The caption box in the caption DIALOG box is set on
"Figure 3". How do I change it so it will always start with "Figure 1"?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If it's starting on Figure 3, then that suggests that there are two
instances of:

{ seq figure }

earlier in the document. As long as those are present, it's going to start
with Figure 3.

Note: the caption numbering uses SEQ fields to produce figure numbers. Each
occurrence of { SEQ Figure } increases the count by 1.

If you have earlier chapters in that document and want figure numbering to
restart, then you'd need insert a hidden seq field that resets the
numbering, e.g., {seq figure \h \r0}.

Note: field braces are inserted with Ctrl+F9, and are updated with F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"kj" wrote in message
I have Word 2007. The caption box in the caption DIALOG box is set on
"Figure 3". How do I change it so it will always start with "Figure 1"?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJ KJ is offline

Thanks so much!!

KJ

"kj" wrote in message
I have Word 2007. The caption box in the caption DIALOG box is set on
"Figure 3". How do I change it so it will always start with "Figure 1"?

Thanks

Figure and caption :How to group caption with figure? Devid Microsoft Word Help 4 January 8th 07 03:10 PM
Max No New Caption Labels in a Doc? ChrisK Formatting Long Documents 2 January 3rd 06 11:37 PM
Caption madhavi. Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 05 01:53 PM
Caption in TOC essar Microsoft Word Help 5 June 29th 05 08:23 AM
How to caption my grahics Formatting Long Documents 5 June 21st 05 10:19 AM