Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WhiteCloud125 WhiteCloud125 is offline

Default Microsoft Equation 3.0 - Not presenting symbols properly

Everyone:

I am using Microsoft Equation 3.0 within Word. It has
worked properly until yesterday. Suddenly, while editing
an equation, the minus sign does not appear when I type
it on the keyboard. Also, when using a left curly brace, it
disappears when attempting to brace an array of objects.
If I click on a previously created equation object which
has a curly brace, the brace disappears upon edit. There
may be other issues, but these are the ones that I have
found thus far.

Note that these features appear to work properly when
I am logged into another XP user account. Therefore,
I surmise some configuration/settings issue.

I am not sure where to go from here. How do you approach
problems such as these? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

With Equation Editor open, click on Style Define. Make sure the
Symbol style is set to Symbol font. If this doesn't solve the problem,
there are more serious issues involved.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training