Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Max Max is offline

Default Shut off URL highlights?

How do I shut off URL highlight(s) on WORD?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:14:01 -0700, Max wrote:

How do I shut off URL highlight(s) on WORD?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for.

If you mean that when you type a URL you don't want it to become a working
hyperlink, uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" in Tools
AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type (in Word 2007, you get to
AutoCorrect Options through a button in Office button Word Options
Proofing).

If you mean that you want them to be hyperlinks but you want them to look like
ordinary text instead of blue and underlined, modify the Hyperlink style (and
probably the Followed Hyperlink style, too) to be just "Default paragraph text"
without any color or underline.

If you mean that you already have URLs that are hyperlinks and you want them to
be plain text, right-click them and choose Remove Hyperlink. If you have a lot
of them to do, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...Hyperlinks.htm (and
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed).

--
Regards,