Tom

Default Word 2003 Toolbar positions

WinXP Pro SP2 with Word 2003 SP1.
How can I fix or establish a permanent position on the toolbars in use in
Word?
Whenever I move my toolbars around during a session, I find that the
toolbars are reset to what was there at the last Word activitation time.
Hence, I need to put what are some 'uniquely' arranged toolbar positions into
a standard 'fixed/permanent' position. Just dragging and dropping doesn't do
it once a Word session is terminated.
THanks! [PS: Where does one find 'cool info' like this? Website/books]
Tom
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Tom,

WinXP Pro SP2 with Word 2003 SP1.
How can I fix or establish a permanent position on the toolbars in use in
Word?
Whenever I move my toolbars around during a session, I find that the
toolbars are reset to what was there at the last Word activitation time.
Hence, I need to put what are some 'uniquely' arranged toolbar positions into
a standard 'fixed/permanent' position.

Generally, Word will "remember" the toolbar positions of the last document that
was closed. You might check whether this is something like "Document 1" (IOW,
the last document you close has the settings the pertained when Word was started
up).

If that's not the case, then you may need to rebuild the DATA key in the
Registry. You should find an aticle on this on the word.mvps.org website.

Other than that, you can record a macro while positioning the toolbars, then run
that after opening Word. (Or name it AutoExec so that it will execute when Word
starts.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org