Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Francis Hookham Francis Hookham is offline

Default Changing a style

Using Word 2000 and 2002 I can name a new style by typing the new style's
name in the style box and pressing Return. (2002 unnecessarily suggests a
name)

Subsequently the easiest way to make a change to an existing style in 2000
is to make the change in a paragraph and then click in the style box and
press Return which brings up a dialog box asking to confirmation of the
change (the default) or reverting back. Since I normally want the change, a
second Return confirms the change throughout the document. (Normal seems to
be the one style where this method does not work.

Annoyingly 2002 does not seem to have this simple quick way of facilitating
changes to styles.

..or have I missed a default setting?

(Maybe I shall have to write a macro to do the trick.)

Francis Hookham