i must be clueless susan

Default One document has been copied into and replaced the first document.

I had too many windows open perhaps, and I was adding the printer I just
hooked to my new laptop at the same time. I had text selected from aol
e-mail where I sent my document to myself so I could print at school. I also
had my document folder open and several revisions of a few documents I needed
to find latest edits on. One of the first documents I sent for print was
xlessonplan which was basically a duplicate of lessonplan.doc (?) (word
2003), except that the x was to mean that it was the version I had sent for
print. I then printed a number of other documents in the same or umbrella
folders. One of those documents, inclasslit reviewwriting, had several
versions, of which I deleted at least one.
Then, when I checked my prints, there was not a document for the
xlessonplan file. I opened the document file and the document that was named
"inclasslitreviewwriting" showed up. the same document had replaced the
lessonplan file as well. Where is my lesson plan. It is singled spaced 5
pages and I worked on it off and on all day. I have had nothing but trouble
trying to manage the demands of 19 documents I am preparing, as tomorrow *now
today) I have to submit these assignments for the $1200 course I am taking.
I have done all kinds of searches to no avail. Is there a temporary file
location, as I must have saved the lesson plan document a dozen times off and
on today at different points of completion?