tb

Default Importing a word document into excel?

I currently use word for my job quotes, and I use excel for my job records.

What I am trying to do is in my excel I create a folder for each job which
consists of the job record, invoices, and whatever else pertains to that
specific job. I would like to put my quote in each job as well, is there a
way I can write my quote in word and import it to a specific folder in excel?

Thanks
tb
CyberTaz

Hi tb-

Your request isn't clear because you are referring to 2 different issues.

If you simply want to store the Word doc in the same folder as the
corresponding Excel file, just navigate to that folder in the Save As dialog
box when you save it.

The subject of your post, however, refers to "importing a Word document into
Excel", and that is a totaly different matter.

Regards |:)

"tb" wrote:

I currently use word for my job quotes, and I use excel for my job records.

What I am trying to do is in my excel I create a folder for each job which
consists of the job record, invoices, and whatever else pertains to that
specific job. I would like to put my quote in each job as well, is there a
way I can write my quote in word and import it to a specific folder in excel?

Thanks
tb

tb

Sorry about that, I guess I am trying to just save the word doc into a folder
in excel. But when I tried save as in the excel folder, it does not let me
open it when I go back into it.

I noticed if I want to view it I can open with word doc. and it opens up.
This will work for me too. Thanks

tb

"tb" wrote:

I currently use word for my job quotes, and I use excel for my job records.

What I am trying to do is in my excel I create a folder for each job which
consists of the job record, invoices, and whatever else pertains to that
specific job. I would like to put my quote in each job as well, is there a
way I can write my quote in word and import it to a specific folder in excel?

Thanks
tb

CyberTaz

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but it took a while for what you
seem to be expecting to sink in.

Saving a Word document file in the same folder where Excel workbook files
are stored does _not_ make it an Excel file. You still need to open it using
the program which created it (Word) regardless of what folder you save it in.

"Folder" is just a metaphor used to indicate an organizational filing
structure.

HTH |:)