Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
soxrex

Default Why aren't my borders printing correctly?

I have chosen table border styles with two or three lines but only one border
line will print. Everything else is as it should be, but I can't get the more
refined border styles to print. Has anyone encountered/fixed this problem?
MAC OSX 10.3, Office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Is that border outside of your printable area?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"soxrex" wrote in message
I have chosen table border styles with two or three lines but only one
border
line will print. Everything else is as it should be, but I can't get the
more
refined border styles to print. Has anyone encountered/fixed this problem?
MAC OSX 10.3, Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
soxrex

No it isn't. The document has a three column by three row table. the first
and third cells are bordered, the second is not. This gives the appearance of
the page being in quarters. All the borders print this way, with only one
line either thin or heavy and no multiple border lines even when such a
border style is selected. It isn't just the outside borders, but the entire
cells within the table.

Print Preview shows the table borders as selected but when I print they are
not right. In the print dialogue, I can select to preview as a pdf instead of
sending to the printer, and that preview shows the incorrect, single line
version.

I downloaded the current driver for the printer (Epson C84) and reinstalled
that but got the same result. I am pretty baffled by this. Thanks.

"soxrex" wrote in message
I have chosen table border styles with two or three lines but only one
border
line will print. Everything else is as it should be, but I can't get the
more
refined border styles to print. Has anyone encountered/fixed this problem?
MAC OSX 10.3, Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
soxrex

OK, I have found the problem. It was not the printable area issue; I did make
the table cells a little smaller, but I got the same result.
What made the complex borders print as desired was increasing the point size
of the border itself. From the formatting paletteborders and shading pane, I
increased the point size from 1/4 point to 3/4 points and then the borders
printed as desired. The small point size of the borders may have just been
making them so small, the multiple lines merged together.

Problem solved. Many thanks for the help.