Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ChanTicO

Default File Protection

Hi, i'm new to this group, so sorry in advance if the answer is posted
elsewhere. I'm creating a document in word '02 for a friend's business. What
i'm attmepting to do is protect it in such a way that only the text boxes are
prompted (which is to say that i want him to be able to tab and go directly
to the areas he's going to fill out)

I have no idea how to do this effectively, can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you are describing is a protected form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"ChanTicO" wrote in message
Hi, i'm new to this group, so sorry in advance if the answer is posted
elsewhere. I'm creating a document in word '02 for a friend's business.

What
i'm attmepting to do is protect it in such a way that only the text boxes

are
prompted (which is to say that i want him to be able to tab and go

directly
to the areas he's going to fill out)

I have no idea how to do this effectively, can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ChanTicO

That helps. .but is there anyway to link the form blocks for continuous
typining for say, 3 lines of text uninterrupted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ChanTicO

In other words i want to wrap text form fields if possible

"ChanTicO" wrote:

That helps. .but is there anyway to link the form blocks for continuous
typining for say, 3 lines of text uninterrupted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

Probably, you'll want to place that form field in a table row, setting the
row height to EXACTLY a measurement that fits 3 lines.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"ChanTicO" wrote:

That helps. .but is there anyway to link the form blocks for continuous
typining for say, 3 lines of text uninterrupted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Text form fields can handle as much text as you like.