Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beverly

Default How to setup a form-based document

Hello,

I'm creating a contract in MS Word (2003) that will have several areas that
need information typed in later. I want those areas to be underlined. Can
someone tell me how to insert some type of button/field so that I can just
click on that area when I am ready to type in it and it will automatically
all be underlined? Right now, if I start typing in that area, it moves the
text to the right as I'm typing and I have to reformat everything everytime
I do.

Thanks for the help,
Beverly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I really don't see the point of having this text underlined. I would think
that you would want a contract to appear to have been created for a specific
purpose, not as a form document (even though it is); in such a case, you
would want the text to reflow naturally. MacroButton fields will do just
what you want (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm), albeit without
the underlining (though I suppose you could underline the field). If you
really want to preserve the layout, you're going to have to use form fields
and put them in a table with cells of fixed height and width, which doesn't
seem to me at all reasonable for a contract.

"Beverly" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm creating a contract in MS Word (2003) that will have several areas

that
need information typed in later. I want those areas to be underlined.

Can
someone tell me how to insert some type of button/field so that I can just
click on that area when I am ready to type in it and it will automatically
all be underlined? Right now, if I start typing in that area, it moves

the
text to the right as I'm typing and I have to reformat everything

everytime
I do.

Thanks for the help,
Beverly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

You can do this with online forms or with macrobuttons. With macrobuttons
you can even have your underlines disappear after your answer is typed in.
See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon