Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Treehugger90

Default How to delete two arrows with a bar between.

I am writing a letter using a letterhead document that I set up. For the
first time, a dotted line appears under my address heading. When I hold the
curser on it, the two arrows with a bar appears. I can move the dotted line,
but I can't remove it. It is not a section bread nor a page break. How can I
remove it?
--
Treehugger90
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Sounds like ---- or ____ were automatically converted into borders
formatting. Choose Format - Borders and Shading - Borders tab, and click on
None. (It can be tricky to determine with which paragraph the border
formatting is associated, so you might have to work at this a bit.)

To turn this feature off, choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options - AutoFormat as
you type, and remove the check next to Border Lines.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com