flybynight

Default No features available Word 2000

When I go to InsertAuto TextAttention Line, instead of having the
dropdown menu to choose from there is only a small empty box. It's the same
for all the Inserts Closing, Header/Footer, Salutation, Signature. I have
tried to add from the disc, tried to add from the Windows page, uninstalled
& reinstalled. No matter what I do I cannot get these to load or whatever.
Does anyone have any insight to this problem
Thank you.

garfield-n-odie

Sounds like you may have overwritten the normal.dot template with a
regular Word file. Try "creating a new Normal.dot from scratch" as
described in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm .

flybynight wrote:

When I go to InsertAuto TextAttention Line, instead of having the
dropdown menu to choose from there is only a small empty box. It's the same
for all the Inserts Closing, Header/Footer, Salutation, Signature. I have
tried to add from the disc, tried to add from the Windows page, uninstalled
& reinstalled. No matter what I do I cannot get these to load or whatever.
Does anyone have any insight to this problem
Thank you.

flybynight

Thank you very much for the speedy response. link and solution. I don't know
how you do it but you ended weeks of hair tearing. I am now back on coarse
thanks to you garfield. Excellent job.