Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ErinJoy ErinJoy is offline

Default Changing Font / Rich Text Formatting / Merging / Text Fileds

I have created a form in WORD. The form is being used as a template in a
RiskMaster database. When the form is merged with the data, the program
automatically saves it in Rich Text Formatting and I loose all of my text
form fileds. Is there any way to prevent this? (The document must be
unprotected for the data to merge, and then protected by the user to
complete).

I tried to create and alternative by removing the text fields. I would like
the text of the document to be one font and the portions that users fill in
to be another. For some reason I can't get the font to stick in all areas
that are blank, but need to be filled in by the users. This seemed simple at
first, but I can't get it to work. HELP!! Any ideas?? I would REALLY
appreciate any thoughts!!!~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RXJpbkpveQ==?=,

I have created a form in WORD. The form is being used as a template in a
RiskMaster database. When the form is merged with the data, the program
automatically saves it in Rich Text Formatting and I loose all of my text
form fileds. Is there any way to prevent this? (The document must be
unprotected for the data to merge, and then protected by the user to
complete).

I tried to create and alternative by removing the text fields. I would like
the text of the document to be one font and the portions that users fill in
to be another. For some reason I can't get the font to stick in all areas
that are blank, but need to be filled in by the users. This seemed simple at
first, but I can't get it to work. HELP!! Any ideas?? I would REALLY
appreciate any thoughts!!!~

Difficult to say, based on what you tell us. You don't even mention the version
of Word involved. I'm guessing the problem may stem from how the data is being
put into the form fields, not by saving to RTF format. Are you able to show us
the code being used for this?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org