Jack Crane

Default How to shut off Office clipboard

Word 2002.

The annoying thing about the Office clipboard is that if I open Word AFTER
saving some text (say, on a webpage) to the Windows XP clipboard, this text
is not pasteable to a Word document. I'm guessing that if the Office
clipboard is shut off, the text WOULD be pasteable.

So is there a way to shut off the Office clipboard?

Thanks,

Jack
Luc

Jack,
Works fine here, whether I open Word before or after copying text on a
webpage I can paste it, no problem.
There a some options you can set as to the behaviour of the clipboard, click
on the link at the bottom of the taskpane.
Luc
"Jack Crane" schreef in bericht
Word 2002.

The annoying thing about the Office clipboard is that if I open Word AFTER
saving some text (say, on a webpage) to the Windows XP clipboard, this

text
is not pasteable to a Word document. I'm guessing that if the Office
clipboard is shut off, the text WOULD be pasteable.

So is there a way to shut off the Office clipboard?

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Crane

"Luc" wrote in
:

Jack,
Works fine here, whether I open Word before or after copying text on a
webpage I can paste it, no problem.
There a some options you can set as to the behaviour of the clipboard,
click on the link at the bottom of the taskpane.
Luc

I've tried these options and still have the problem. But it's not clear
which option should do what I want. Which one is it?

Also, is it possible that I have the problem because I don't have Office?
My Word 2002 came with Works Suite 2003.

Jack

Daiya Mitchell

Jack,
Works fine here, whether I open Word before or after copying text on a
webpage I can paste it, no problem.
There a some options you can set as to the behaviour of the clipboard,
click on the link at the bottom of the taskpane.
Luc

I've tried these options and still have the problem. But it's not clear
which option should do what I want. Which one is it?

Also, is it possible that I have the problem because I don't have Office?
My Word 2002 came with Works Suite 2003.

Jack

Uninstall the Works Suite Add-In. Clearing the clipboard on Word's launch
is a side effect of that. Nothing to do with the Office Clipboard.

I don't know exactly what you need to do, but if you search the group you
should find more precise instructions, "clipboard cleared on launch" has
come up plenty of times in the past.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Jack Crane

Daiya Mitchell wrote in
:

Uninstall the Works Suite Add-In. Clearing the clipboard on Word's
launch is a side effect of that. Nothing to do with the Office
Clipboard.

The uninstall did the trick. Thanks!

Jack