Glenn

Default How do I turn off autoformat of my letters?

Sometimes...not always, when I type a letter in Word 2003, I have a problem
with autoformat. Particularly when I try to copy portions of the letter to
paste, the autoformat comes on and forces me to make changes. I do not want
this feature on...but I cannot figure out how to turn it off. Not to mention
that I never turned it "on" to begin with!

Glenn
Charles Kenyon

Hi Glenn,

This isn't autoformat, but styles, if I read you correctly. Styles are not
something that can be turned off in Word and are at the heart of most
formatting. AutoFormat can change things as you type them in but won't
change pasted material unless you ask it to. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html.

AutoFormat options can be found under the tools menu, and most experienced
Word users turn many of the AutoFormat as you type options off; they seldom
use AutoFormat (applied to already existing text) but find it useful on rare
occasions. If you ever do use AutoFormat remember that Ctrl-Z undoes the
AutoFormat if you do it right away.

As for Styles, since you cannot avoid them, you probably want to learn about
them or use WordPad instead. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm.

Hope this helps,
--
Charles Kenyon