meyerszoo

Default Can I insert multiple tables of contents in word?

CyberTaz

Honestly have never tried, but seems it should be possible if each TOC is in
a different Section of the document. I would think that Section Breaks would
be necessary (probably Next Page Section Breaks), and possibly restarting
page numbering in each section.

Good Luck |:)

Daiya Mitchell

I don't even think you necessarily need section breaks. Explore all the
options in the Insert | Index and Tables dialog--there are many different
ways to build a TOC. Also I think it is possible to bookmark a section of
text and create a TOC just for that bookmarked text.

If you search the groups, you will definitely find more specific
answers--here's a start:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...matting.longdo
cs/search?group=microsoft.public.word.formatting.long docs&q=multiple+TOC&qt_
g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

"meyerszoo" wrote:

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

You can have as many TOCs as you want. Just make sure that when you insert
the second and subsequent ones you answer no when Word asks if you want to
replace the existing one. Lists of Tables and Tables of Figures are just
specific types of TOCs, and you can also have a TOC for part of a document
(one for each chapter, for example). See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm