Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Slammin Sam Slammin Sam is offline

Default Header page numbers.

I have a six-page document that begins on page 234. The page number is in
the footer and I used # in the menu bar to enter it.

In the header I would like to have the page number appears as (1) (2) (3)
(4) etc. How do I do that? I assume I will use a field code, but I do not
know how to do that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want two sequences of page numbers, one must be calculated, yes. In
this case, you should be able to use the following in the header:

{ = { PAGE } - 233 }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, { }, use Ctrl+F9. To show/hide
field codes, press Alt+F9.

You can use F9 to update the fields in the selection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news