Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
westingh westingh is offline

Default open Word 2007 document with Word 2003?

I have Office2007 on my new computer - our company has all Office2003. Is
there a way for them to open documents I send them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:17:01 -0700, westingh
wrote:

I have Office2007 on my new computer - our company has all Office2003. Is
there a way for them to open documents I send them?

The easiest choice is to save your documents in the Word 97-2003
format by default, until most of the rest of the company gets the
upgrade. Click the Office button, click the Word Options button at the
bottom of the menu, select Save on the left side, and set the "Save
files in this format" dropdown to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)".

Now, if you do nothing else when you save, it'll save the document in
the old format that can be opened in Word 2003. If you do want to save
in Word 2007 format for yourself, change the "Save as type" dropdown
in the Save As dialog for that specific document.

The alternative is for the Word 2003 users to install the Word 2007
Compatibility Pack
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-C6BB74CD1466)
so they can read and edit the new format.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman