Ariana

Default Image files in Form Letters

I used the following format:

{INCLUDEPICTURE {MERGEFIELD "Picture"} \*MERGEFORMAT}

however, i continue to receive an error in the final document. I did attempt
to CTRL+A then F9 but only receive an expanded empty field in the intended
image location.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Merge to a new document, select all (CTRL+A) then F9 to update.

Eric Byers wrote:
Running Office 2000

I am trying to create a form letter which will include a logo file
for each of the comapnies in my database. I am mail merging from and
Excel file with a column called CompanyLogo which has a UNC to file
(i.e. C:\CompanyLogos\*.*) I have been trying to get the following
string to work but it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure why.

{INCLUDEPICTURE {MERGEFIELD CompanyLogo}}

Thanks

Doug Robbins

What is the format of the data in the picture field. The path separators \
must be doubled \\.

If you press Alt+F9 in the document produced by executing the merge, what do
you see?

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Eric Byers wrote:
Running Office 2000

I am trying to create a form letter which will include a logo file
for each of the comapnies in my database. I am mail merging from and
Excel file with a column called CompanyLogo which has a UNC to file
(i.e. C:\CompanyLogos\*.*) I have been trying to get the following
string to work but it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure why.

{INCLUDEPICTURE {MERGEFIELD CompanyLogo}}

Thanks

Ariana

The image link in the XLS spreadsheet is as follows:

\\dca.state.vt.us\accddata\Shared\Available_Sites_ photos\Barre City - Office
Suites.jpg

I have tried several configurations of naming the link, and i have tested
the link (and been able to open the image directly from double-clicking in
the spreadsheet.)

Eric Byers wrote:
Running Office 2000

I am trying to create a form letter which will include a logo file
for each of the comapnies in my database. I am mail merging from and
Excel file with a column called CompanyLogo which has a UNC to file
(i.e. C:\CompanyLogos\*.*) I have been trying to get the following
string to work but it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure why.

{INCLUDEPICTURE {MERGEFIELD CompanyLogo}}

Thanks

Doug Robbins

It needs to be

[Driveletter]:\\dca.state.vt.us\\accddata\\Shared\\Available_Si tes_photos\\Barre
City - Office Suites.jpg

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

\
must be doubled \\.

If you press Alt+F9 in the document produced by executing the merge, what
do
you see?

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP