Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ness Ness is offline

Default Burning CD's

Can you burn files from Word 2007 to CD, I am trying to burn 3 files from one
folder without any success...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I have a feeling you're trying to do something like save from Word to a CD.
You can't do that. You need to use your CD burning software and follow those
instructions.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Ness" wrote in message
Can you burn files from Word 2007 to CD, I am trying to burn 3 files from
one
folder without any success...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

Recent Windows versions can burn CDs. Vista can "save" files to RW CDs
and DVDs (if the blank is properly prepared by "formatting" ahead of
time) as if the CD or DVD were a large floppy. There is information in
the Windows help system and on-line at various web sites.

e.g. from Vista Help system-

Format a CD or DVD

Before you can copy files to a CD or DVD, the disc must first be
prepared using a process called formatting. There are several ways to
format a CD or DVD disc. Your choice of format determines which
computers and other devices will be able to read the disc.

1. Insert a disc into your computer's CD or DVD drive.

2. In the dialog box that appears, click Burn files to disc.

3. In the Burn a disc dialog box, type a name for your new disc.

4. Click Show formatting options, and then click one of the following
formatting options:

Live File System

Mastered

5. Click Next to prepare the disc.

Now you can copy files to your disc using whichever method you selected.

Tom
MS MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Ness" wrote in message
Can you burn files from Word 2007 to CD, I am trying to burn 3 files
from one
folder without any success...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Tom

The point being made is that you cannot save a document directly to a CDR.
You need to save a document to the local HDD and then burn it to CDR with
Windows or another package. Word cannot do this itself.

Terry

"Ness" wrote in message
Can you burn files from Word 2007 to CD, I am trying to burn 3 files from
one
folder without any success...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

I agree; however, I thought Joanne covered that part of it. Perhaps I
would have been wise to include that caveat but my words describe how to
use Windows, includes words from the Vista help system, and did not
mention Word at all.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Ness" wrote in message
Can you burn files from Word 2007 to CD, I am trying to burn 3 files
from one
folder without any success...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

We could never include all of the warnings that we "should have" when
composing a response.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Ness" wrote in message
Can you burn files from Word 2007 to CD, I am trying to burn 3 files
from one
folder without any success...

How do I set up a form to catalogue CD's? unique Microsoft Word Help 3 March 19th 06 05:10 PM
Word crashed lost CD's Fullfile download wants CD now what RJT-1998 Microsoft Word Help 3 September 24th 05 11:11 PM
Burning DVDs/CDs June New Users 4 February 1st 05 12:37 AM
CARD LIST SYSTEM FOR CD'S & VIDEOS [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 12:49 AM