Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ML ML is offline

Default English and French Word 2003 on a single PC?

Can English and French Word be installed on a single PC under English XP?
I need to create some screenshots with French Word for a manual and was
wondering if it can be installed along side English Word.

If so will the menus all show properly in French even on an English OS?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Ml,

Can English and French Word be installed on a single PC under English XP?
I need to create some screenshots with French Word for a manual and was
wondering if it can be installed along side English Word.

If so will the menus all show properly in French even on an English OS?

You will be allowed to do so by the Office setup program, but you won't be
happy with the result. Mixed language messages, at the very least, will
result.

I use a virtual machine when I need to install versions in-parallel.
Personally, I use VMWare, but there are other products available, as well.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org