Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan Schaffer

Default Strange formatting of text not highlighted

Hi,

I use MS Word 2002, running in Win XP Pro, SP1.

Recently, I wanted to underline the first sentence in a document, and only
that sentence. I highlighted and pressed the "U" button on the formatting
toolbar. The sentence was underlined, but so was everything else in the
document. I clicked the "U" button again, and all the underlining
disappeared, including the underlining I wanted.

I had the same experience when I decided to center the title of the
document. I highlighted it, pressed the buttion for "center", and the whole
document became centered.

Is this something that's meant to happen in Word 2002? Apparantly not,
because the Help files say that only the highlighted words should change
when one presses a formatting button. It's certainly different from the way
previous version of Word have worked. How can I underline or center just one
line?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

Formatting of Text in Chart KSBMW2040 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 10:06 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
eliminating tick marks and formatting selected text r frank Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 01:05 PM
When I change text formatting, the entire document is changed mikem Microsoft Word Help 3 December 10th 04 04:07 PM
User-applied formatting of text field contents? Ed Kennedy Tables 1 December 3rd 04 04:44 PM