Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Rick is offline

Default Red Lines surronding Text

I have a user that is hitting reply to sender in outlook and the entire
document comes up with red dashed lines surrounding each line in the reply
message. She is using word as the editor but I've not seen this behavior
before. Thought it was due to spell checking or grammer checking but when I
turn those functions off the lines sill appear. This does not happen in all
replies however. The office version is 2003 Pro
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Rick,

I have a user that is hitting reply to sender in outlook and the entire
document comes up with red dashed lines surrounding each line in the reply
message. She is using word as the editor but I've not seen this behavior
before. Thought it was due to spell checking or grammer checking but when I
turn those functions off the lines sill appear. This does not happen in all
replies however. The office version is 2003 Pro

It doesn't sound familiar to me, either, but the first thing that comes to my
mind is "Track Changes". This is controlled over the Tools menu, but I can't
remember whether it was called "Track changes" in 2003 or something more like
"Reviewing". In any case, it would be the Ctrl+Shift+E keyboard shortcut that
toggles it on/off. And I know some versions of Outlook defaulted to sending
documents with track changes activated so that they automatically came back
showing any editing changes that were made.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or text animation?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Rick,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wondered about that, too. Marching Red Ants, perhaps?

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Or text animation?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cindy M." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Possibly. To the OP: Look in Format | Font, Text Effects tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cindy M." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Rick is offline

I had forgotten about that . Marching red ant's. I will check on it and get
back.

"Cindy M." wrote in message
[...]

How do I remove text box lines and keep text alanvjpt Microsoft Word Help 1 September 1st 08 12:15 PM
how do I get lines next to text? Max Zine Microsoft Word Help 1 November 7th 07 08:30 PM
text box lines frazzeled Page Layout 1 August 22nd 06 08:38 PM
Inserting lines in word that text can go over w/out moving lines jreaves Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 06 03:10 PM
deletion of solid lines from between lines of text Horsethief Microsoft Word Help 2 February 13th 05 10:23 PM