Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rrupp

Default end sentence with number, need next sentence to auto capitilize

When in Word 2003, if I end a sentence with a number and don't capitilize the
next word, MS word doesn't automatically correct this. Is there an option to
change? Word automatically corrects the first letter in a sentence but not
if the previous sentence ends in a number and then peroid?? HELP.

For example: Sentence below ends in a number. Next word needs to
automatically be capitilized, how do I do that?

The physician will see patient 1. now he states he needs admission form.

How do I get the 'n' in now to automatically correct.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Press the Shift key, that's what it does! There is no setting you can make
to automate this. This is a limitation of the application.

rrupp wrote:
When in Word 2003, if I end a sentence with a number and don't
capitilize the next word, MS word doesn't automatically correct this.
Is there an option to change? Word automatically corrects the first
letter in a sentence but not if the previous sentence ends in a
number and then peroid?? HELP.

For example: Sentence below ends in a number. Next word needs to
automatically be capitilized, how do I do that?

The physician will see patient 1. now he states he needs admission
form.

How do I get the 'n' in now to automatically correct.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rrupp

Default end sentence with number, need next sentence to auto capitiliz

I'm aware of using the 'shift' key to capitalize a letter.

I found a link that supports the limitation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291538