Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie_g laurie_g is offline

Default Word 2007 opens new document as "document2"

when I open Word 2007, it defaults to "document2". What happened to
"document1"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This is caused by temporary files being left behind.
Restarting Windows might help, but see also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"laurie_g" wrote in message
when I open Word 2007, it defaults to "document2". What happened to
"document1"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie_g laurie_g is offline

No, only one version of Office. I was finding that even previously named
documents were reading "document3" "document4" instead of their actual file
names. I did a cleanup of temp files and rebooted as Stefan suggested. All
seems fine now.

"laurie_g" wrote in message
when I open Word 2007, it defaults to "document2". What happened to
"document1"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted. :-)