Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cees Cees is offline

Default Mailmerge with attachment - body only visible in first e-mail send

Hi

I used Doug Robbins macro to make a mailmerge with attachments.
However the problem I have is that the active document only appears as body
in the first e-mail send out.
The other mails have the attachment, but no text in the mail.
What do I do wrong?

--
Thanks

Cees
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You have not executed the mailmerge that contains the message that will be
sent to a new document and you do not have that new document as the active
document when you execute the macro.

Please read the instructions carefully and make sure that you follow each
step of the process exactly.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cees" wrote in message
Hi

I used Doug Robbins macro to make a mailmerge with attachments.
However the problem I have is that the active document only appears as
body
in the first e-mail send out.
The other mails have the attachment, but no text in the mail.
What do I do wrong?

--
Thanks

Cees

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cees Cees is offline

Default Mailmerge with attachment - body only visible in first e-mail

I am really messing around with this part of the instruction
I have saved an closed the "directory" document.
Then I start a new mailmerge document, but what should be the document type
(e-mail message, directory)?
For the recipients I took the outlook folder also used to make the directory
file.
Everything I tried failed, so I must make some stupid mistake somewhere

--
Thanks

Cees

"Cees" wrote in message
Hi

I used Doug Robbins macro to make a mailmerge with attachments.
However the problem I have is that the active document only appears as
body
in the first e-mail send out.
The other mails have the attachment, but no text in the mail.
What do I do wrong?

--
Thanks

Cees

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cees Cees is offline

Doug,

Solved the problem.
It makes it much easier to start the new documnet out of Outlook via the
mailmerge function (accessible via "tools" when you are in the contacts view)
also installed in word the "mailmerge-help" button in the toolbar, this
helps a lot to execute a mailmerge to a docuement.

--
Thanks

Cees