Partap

Default Why does creating a section break create a new page?

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I have a single column document with 5 pages.
On page 3, when I split a list of 15 words into three columns, Microsoft Word
renumbers my document and converts my page 4 into "page 2" and page 5 into
"page 3". So, I end up with a document which has page 1, 2, 3, 2, 3. Why does
this happen, and how can I fix the problem? Appreciate any help someone can
provide.
Margaret Aldis

Different column formats are held within separate sections in Word, so your
document will have 3 sections, one before the 3-column layout, one for the
3-column layout, and one after it. It looks like one or both of the extra
sections have page number start set to "2" instead of "continue from
previous section".

Put your cursor within the 3-column layout and use Insert Page Number
Format (OK to confirm the format change, but don't OK to insert a page
number). Repeat in the final section.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP