Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Borders problem

Hi,

I am working on a document which now has about 80 pages. Since a couple
of days, I have the following two problems:

Problem 1:

I can no more modify anything in the borders and shading dialogue. If I
hit any button, I get the error message "The measurement must be between
1 pt and 31 pt". It does not matter which of the 3 tabs currently is
active. All result in the same error message.

Problem 2:

When I want to print the document, I get the following warning: "The
page borders of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the
page. Do you want to continue?". This warning shows up for the number of
pages available...

The following could be found out:

- The same actions work well in a newly created document, based on the
normal.dot template
- Copy / paste all text from the erroneous document into this blank
document causes the error
- Creating a document template from the erroneous document and builing a
new document based on the new built template produces the same error

Workarounds I found:

Problem 1 can be worked around in altering the table in a blank
document. When all modifications are completed, the table can be copied
back to the erroneous document

Problem 2 can be worked around in printing to a PDF (PDFCreator 0.9).
From the PDF, I can then print to the printer. Switching the default
printer to PDFCreator does not solve the problem.

Any hints? The print approach works relatively easy. However, as I have
a number of tables in my document, this error is time consuming.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

It sounds like you have a mildly corrupted document. Look at the
suggestions for fixing it in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 23:00:59 +0100, M wrote:

[...]

From the PDF, I can then print to the printer. Switching the default
printer to PDFCreator does not solve the problem.

Any hints? The print approach works relatively easy. However, as I have
a number of tables in my document, this error is time consuming.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Jay,

Perfect! It worked storing it as a web page, reload and save as a word
document again.

When I converted the document to the web page, I got the warning from
word: "Some of the features in this document aren't supported by Web
browsers." -- Text in the left margin will move to the right (13 times
used). This might have been a cause

Thank you very much for the pointer!

Jay Freedman wrote:
[...]

From the PDF, I can then print to the printer. Switching the default