Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NEWTOMSO2007 NEWTOMSO2007 is offline

Default Subdocuments

How do I insert a subdocument. There is no insert subdocument icon in word 07
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

View tab, Outline, Outlining contextual tab, Master Document group, Show
Document, Insert

I strongly advise that you back up any documents that you're going to
include as subdocuments; you'd also be well advised to edit the documents
separately rather than as part of the master document and only to create the
master document when you want to print it or distribute it. Good luck!

How do I insert a subdocument. There is no insert subdocument icon in word 07

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NEWTOMSO2007 NEWTOMSO2007 is offline

Sorry, I am really new at this, but I am trying to insert a document asa
subdocument into a master document. I followed you from view to outlinw but
where is the outline contextual tab?

How do I insert a subdocument. There is no insert subdocument icon in word 07

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

When you click the Outline button in the Document Views group on the View
tab, the Outline tab is the active tab. It is referred to as contextual
because it only appears in context (in this case, when the Outline View is
activated.