Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default select only text w.o. objects

Is there any way to select only text in the word file without selecting
objects (copy-pasted photos and charts with picture format)
Reason: I couldn't manage the objects very well inside my file and get tired
of adjusting jammed photos. I want to try to copy/paste objects from zero in
a file with only text and tables.
Any help is highly appreciated. Totally exhausted.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim in Ottawa Tim in Ottawa is offline

In Word the pictures are part of the text flow (they are anchored wherever
the cursor is when you insert your picture). This is why it is hard to work
with them independent of the text. The best you can do is anchor them to the
current page, but if the text where the picture is anchored flows to another
page, the picture will go with it. I don't know of any way to select just
text. This can be done in page layout software such as quark xpress or
indesign.

If you are having trouble placing pictures I usually place the pictures in a
blank Word file, then adjust the text runaround and then copy and paste into
the text file I am using.