Chart

Default Can I display the file path in the title bar of Word?

Is there a way to display a bread crumb trail in the title bar of a Word
document? Something that shows not only the name of the document, but where
the document is saved?

Also, is there a way to make the margin automatically different on the first
page?

Thanks,

Jay Freedman

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:48:05 -0700, "Chart"
wrote:

Is there a way to display a bread crumb trail in the title bar of a Word
document? Something that shows not only the name of the document, but where
the document is saved?

Also, is there a way to make the margin automatically different on the first
page?

Thanks,

There are various schemes for changing the title bar, but most of them
don't work very well. The better solution is to copy the Address box
from the Web toolbar onto the same row as the main menu. To do this,
use View Toolbars to display the Web toolbar; then hold down the
Ctrl and Alt keys while you drag the Address box and drop it to the
right of the Help menu item. When you close Word, if it asks to save
changes to the Normal.dot template, say yes.

For the margin, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman