billy

Default transfering from one version to another

hi... i wrote a document in microsoft word 2003, but my printer does not work
and i really need to get this printed. my other computer has word 1997, and a
printer, but the document gets messed up when i transfer from 2003 to 1997.
does anyone know how i can do this?
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Have you tried saving it as .rtf format?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"billy" wrote in message
hi... i wrote a document in microsoft word 2003, but my printer does not
work
and i really need to get this printed. my other computer has word 1997,
and a
printer, but the document gets messed up when i transfer from 2003 to
1997.
does anyone know how i can do this?

billy

i just did and my 12 page document changed into 41 pages of jibberish
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Yuck! But just in case - did you see if that gibberish worked? (I would at
least try, just in case)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"billy" wrote in message
i just did and my 12 page document changed into 41 pages of jibberish

CyberTaz

I'm butting in simply to ask "Why not connect the working printer to the
system with Word 2004?"... Should be a lot easier than trying to force 97 to
handle an '04 doc, I would think.

Regards |:)

On 10/10/05 8:46 PM, in article
, "billy"
wrote:

i just did and my 12 page document changed into 41 pages of jibberish

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

May be a parallel printer on a system without a legacy port. Or doesn't have
XP drivers. All kinds of fun reasons.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]