Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heavytull

Default word ruler step

hello,
when i move the marker on the horizotal ruler it marks some stops at some
defined lenghts which first one is 0.63cm, but i want something else like 0.5
or 0.3cm, I know it can be changed but i don't find how.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools | Options | General Tab - select inches for measurement units. I hope
this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"heavytull" wrote:

hello,
when i move the marker on the horizotal ruler it marks some stops at some
defined lenghts which first one is 0.63cm, but i want something else like 0.5
or 0.3cm, I know it can be changed but i don't find how.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If the Drawing toolbar isn't already displayed, display it by
clicking on View | Toolbars | Drawing. On the Drawing toolbar,
click on Draw | Grid | Horizontal spacing: 0.5 cm | Vertical
spacing: 0.5 cm | check the "Use margins" box | Default | Yes | OK.

heavytull wrote:

hello,
when i move the marker on the horizotal ruler it marks some stops at some
defined lenghts which first one is 0.63cm, but i want something else like 0.5
or 0.3cm, I know it can be changed but i don't find how.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Sorry. I misread your question.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"heavytull" wrote:

hello,
when i move the marker on the horizotal ruler it marks some stops at some
defined lenghts which first one is 0.63cm, but i want something else like 0.5
or 0.3cm, I know it can be changed but i don't find how.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If you're referring to the default Tab Stops markings on the bottom edge of
the ruler, you can go to FormatTabs, then change the default to whatever
increment you want for the current document. If this is what you are looking
to do & want it to be the same for _all_ new documents you create, post back
for more info.

Since it isn't really clear exactly what you are asking for, one other thing
to mention is that the increment markings on the ruler (regardless of which
measurement system is selected) may automatically adjust when the amount of
Zoom changes... IOW, the higher the zoom, the further spaced the markings
appear to be - the lower the zoom, the tighter the spacing appears. Also, on
lower resolution settings, the ruler incrementation may only display 1/4" or
1/2" markings at lower magnification settings, whereas at 75% & higher the
ruler can display 1/8" markings.

Regards |:)